We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In the preparation of Prague cucumbers with lemon, not vinegar is used, as is usually the case, but citric acid or the lemon itself. This preservation helps the preforms last longer and adds a pleasant sour taste to the traditional recipe. As a rule, such a snack is eaten very quickly, so it is better to prepare more cans for future use.
We select the best variety of cucumbers
Small varieties of cucumbers with thick and hard skin are the best solution. Fresh they are not very easy to eat, but in brine the rind softens and the vegetables crunch pleasantly on the teeth.
All varieties are divided into universal, salad and pickling. The latter are easy to distinguish - it is enough to pay attention to the tuberosity and thorns, which should be strictly black (in white, the rind is so thick that it does not lend itself to the influence of brine). Pickled cucumbers have the largest number of tubercles.
It is worth paying attention to the following varieties:
- Nezhinsky Ukrainian;
- Far Eastern;
- Parisian gherkin;
They have all the important characteristics for successful pickling: small size and excellent taste.
So, the best varieties are lumpy cucumbers with black thorns.
Cooking the brine correctly: calculating the proportions
The basic version of the marinade contains only salt and vinegar. However, many housewives prefer to add other ingredients to it to add flavor. For example, spices not only accentuate the taste of pickles, but also make the cucumbers crisp.
The standard version of the brine, which is enough for a 1 liter can, looks like this:
- spring or boiled water - 1 liter;
- two tablespoons of coarse salt;
- one tablespoon of sugar and vinegar 9%.
Options for cooking cucumbers in Prague
The harvest is made either according to the classic basic method with the addition of vinegar and lemon slices, or with a complete replacement with citric acid. Everyone chooses the method based on their preferences, but the preservative properties of both vinegar and citric acid are at a similar level.
However, Prague-style cucumbers made with citrus acid are sweeter than the standard recipe. This filling is especially loved by children and those with a sweet tooth: cucumbers are so tasty that they disappear with lightning speed.
The classic way
In the classic recipe, Prague-style canned cucumbers are revealed in full flavor.
Required ingredients for a liter can:
- small cucumbers (preferably gherkins) - 20 pieces;
- black pepper (not ground) - 4 pieces;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces;
- garlic - 1 small head;
- allspice - 3 pieces;
- lemon - 2 slices;
- mustard beans - 1 teaspoon;
- cherry or currant leaves - 2-3 pieces.
For the marinade you will need:
- water - 1 liter;
- sugar - 150 grams;
- salt - 40 grams;
- citric acid - 1 teaspoon.
How to cook:
- First, keep the cucumbers in a deep container in cold water for 3 hours.
- Wash and pasteurize jars. Prepare lids, rolling machine if necessary.
- Put garlic cloves, mustard, lavrushka and allspice on the bottom.
- Next, fill the glass containers with cucumbers. Put a slice of lemon in the middle.
- Pour in water so that the contents are covered. Put the lids on top without twisting. Let it brew for 20 minutes.
- Prepare a pot for making the marinade. Pour liquid from cans and half a glass of boiled water into it, pour salt and sugar into it and cook.
- After the brine has boiled, citric acid can be added. Cook for another 7 minutes.
- Add mustard, peppercorns to glass containers.
- Now the boiling liquid needs to be poured to the cucumbers, the lids should be rolled up tightly. Be sure to turn the jars upside down and, as they cool, put them away for storage.
Potted with citric acid
Pickled cucumbers will be a great snack for any hot dish or alcohol. It is better to prepare them for the cold winter for future use, so that supplies are never depleted. And the taste of such blanks is simply incomparable.
For the Prague filling of citric acid, you will need (calculation for a liter capacity):
- spring water - 1 liter;
- granulated sugar - 3 heaped tablespoons;
- citric acid - 1 teaspoon;
- salt - 5 teaspoons.
- Wash the cucumbers, peel off spoiled areas, cut off the tails. Place in a container of cold water for 4 hours.
- Sterilize banks. Then add there 3 pieces of black peppercorns, a tarragon branch, 2 cm of horseradish root, a fresh umbrella of dill, 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves of garlic. To give the preparation a special pungent taste, add a small piece of chili or jalapeno.
- Put all the components for pouring into a saucepan. Send it to the stove, wait for it to boil.
- Pour the boiling brine into jars. Keep 15 minutes.
- Return it to the pot and boil it again.
- Pour into jars for 15 minutes.
- The final time, boil the marinade and fill glass containers with them, which are carefully closed with lids and turned over.
- Wrap in a woolen blanket and leave in the room for a day.
- The appetizer is ready! Can be put away for storage.
How to store canned food properly
Cucumbers in Prague are stored in the same way as the main preparations known to all. Cool places are ideal for them, where it is dry enough and sunlight does not penetrate. And preservation can be stored for a long time thanks to citric acid in the composition.