We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Breeding plant species are popular all over the world and sometimes give unexpected results. Tomato Big Beef F1, born abroad, takes root well in other climatic conditions. Productivity does not suffer, its basic qualities remain unshakable. The native environment for these tomatoes is the humid maritime climate. When grown in a different environment, the tomato tends to quickly gain growth and get the most from nature.
The homeland of the hybrid is Holland, a country with cool but humid summers. The name of our foreigner is translated from English as a large piece of beef. Apparently, in a nutshell, breeders tried to convey to the consumer the main properties of this species. The color of the tomato in the section really resembles a fresh piece of meat. As the reviews say, it is larger in size than many tomatoes in its family. This definition does not apply to palatability: they have not yet learned how to grow meat in the beds.
Characteristics of the species
The record holder in weight, early maturity and immunity to diseases - this is a real giant in its family, and has overtaken the Sasher F1 variety, with which it appeared almost at the same time.
The properties of the culture that determine the popularity of this species:
- Fruit color is classic. As the Beef Beef grows, the tomato gradually changes color from brownish green to orange and bright red.
- The taste is sweetish with sourness.
- High early maturity. Fruits can be harvested within 70 - 75 days after transplanting. You can safely continue growing tomatoes until late autumn, removing fresh tomatoes from the bushes.
- The weight of ripe fruits reaches one kilogram. A real storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. One tomato can make a great salad for the whole family.
- It tolerates transportation well. Covered with a thick and strong enough shell. Big Biv tomatoes travel long distances easily. The peculiar sections inside the fruit, where the seeds are located, act as stiffeners and reinforce the original shape of the product.
- Does not lose useful elements and moisture when stored properly. Ripens gradually in a cool, dark place. Some growers deliberately adjust the harvest time by dosing portions of food as they can be preserved.
The variety Beef Pink Brandy F1 has similar properties - equally large fruits grow, similar in taste. Ideal for preparing salads, they are eaten fresh, canned and even fried. You can distinguish varieties by shape and aroma. Apparently, the word Brandy appeared in the name to emphasize the aromatic properties of the new variety.
Conditions of detention
The development of culture in a greenhouse is preferable to open beds. Holland has a humid and temperate climate. Summers are short and warm there. The temperature is kept around 18 degrees. This is ideal, but in practice, sometimes westerly winds from the sea bring bad weather.
According to the description of Big Beef tomatoes, they can be grown by following a few tips:
- Using a greenhouse will have a beneficial effect on the growth of the bush, the formation and development of fruits. Equal living conditions and the absence of sharp temperature fluctuations will force the plant to direct all its vitality to development. This will undoubtedly affect the yield.
- Growing in open beds is preferred in areas with hot and humid climates. Warm sea air is the best fit for Big Beef F1, as it reproduces its native environment. The plant is genetically tuned to a certain climate and does not tolerate a sharp change in temperature.
But the characteristics and description of the final product when growing a crop "in the wild" are somewhat different from the greenhouse:
- The plant becomes stronger, better fights against various diseases.
- The vegetative period is reduced.
- After removing part of the fruit, a new ovary forms faster.
Sometimes tomatoes of other varieties are grown under the same roof. This method is useful for testing the properties of different crops. For example, the Dutch sister of our Big Beef, Mona Beef, will get along well with him in the same greenhouse. Plants do not conflict with each other, since both belong to the same Solanaceae family and were even created at almost the same time.
But what's good about tomatoes? What substances help improve metabolism and the very quality of life?
We offer a short description of the variety for the content of nutrients:
- Carotene. Improves vision, the functioning of the body's immune system and gastrointestinal tract. Many athletes consume large amounts of beta-carotene during periods of intense exercise. It is found naturally in tomatoes.
- Amino acids are the building blocks of the body. Some of them are generated, others can be replenished only from food. A high content of amino acids was found in Semko tomatoes, an extremely successful hybrid. Tomatoes contain up to 18 amino acids, which the body needs for normal functioning.
- Sugar and fructose are clean energy and every cell's favorite food. The Big Boy tomato contains a large amount of fructose - it has almost the same sweetish taste as the popular cherry tomatoes.
- A complete set of vitamins and minerals. Tomatoes are especially rich in vitamins A, C and group B. They are necessary for the formation of metabolic processes.
- Antioxidants Lycopene is a powerful anti-cancer agent. Rejuvenates the body. They are the first in the list of antioxidants necessary for the normal functioning of the entire body.
The Dutch supply many varieties of tomatoes to different parts of the world. For gardeners, Big Tasty F1, which has similar properties, may turn out to be an interesting variety. This is a real hero of tomatoes.
This group also includes a number of varieties with slight differences. Among the giants of the tomato world, the Big Negro F1 tomato can be distinguished, which has an original dark chocolate color.
Dutch hybrids are surprisingly resistant to fungal diseases. New varieties are not always tough for soil bacteria, even if the plant is grown in a greenhouse and does not have strong immunity. Nature does not immediately adapt to the emergence of a new variety.
Among the common diseases to which the new Dutch tomato species is resistant are:
- tobacco mosaic virus;
- alternaria stem cancer;
- cladosporium disease;
- gray leaf spot;
- parasitic disease rootworm nematode;
- verticillous and fusarium wilting.
The vitality of the plant is so great that it does not allow various microorganisms to prevail over itself. Has a strong immune system, actively evaporates phytoncides using a powerful root system. Fights pests. Only one intense smell of tomato tops repels pests and insects. It does not tolerate neighborhood with other plants, even of its own family, begins to fight with them.
A strong and powerful variety will surely appeal to gardeners, it will be included in the collection. A descendant of the legendary Bull Heart variety, a real Dutchman, it takes root well in our conditions and brings a lot of joy in the process of growth and fruiting.